Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Nerves

I have an interview in less than two hours for a job I've already held.
A job that due to the most horrendous and unfortunate of circumstances I should have been working until this coming October. I've only been out of the position for over a month.

Out of principle, no one else from my program is applying to the position, they feel its mine, but due to policy it was posted to the larger community and I'm up against 3 other people.

I'm really quite nervous about this.
These interviews are points based. What if I'm off my game? What if.
Recently the interviews have changed. Where before questions were theoretical, "what would you do in this case?", questions have moved to "name a time where you...".  Ug. I have the worst memory for details of the things I have done!  I can tell you what needs to be done, and in the moment I do what is supposed to be done... but.. I can't tell you the details around an event!!!!
I've spent the last two days trying to remember an event that happened at work where afterwards I was praised by my manager, another manager, and the behavioural therapist. .. the event was brought up at a team meeting as a "this is awesome, learn from this moment"  And I friggin can't even remember what it was that I had said that was such a big deal.

I know how to do my job well. Really really well.

But I'm not super talented in remembering the sort of details they're going to be asking for.

So. In less than 2 hours I go to an interview.

And I may not get the job.

And I'll be disappointing myself and the rest of the team if I don't get it.

Grumble grumble. Points based. Grumble grumble this is my job. Grumble grumble new interview style. Grumble grumble still going to have to interview for the SAME job again in one year.

No comments: