Sunday, January 06, 2013

More dreams


I sent this message to a long time friend today- he and his brood of children (3 boys and 1 girl) were the guest stars in my dream last night. Except that there was one extra little girl, and his kids were about 3 years older than they currently are... maybe I'm prophetic? 


I was driving somewhere and I was suppose to pick up a book from you, but I was in a bit of a hurry... and I really had to pee.   
You invited me in, and I followed you and the little chillen's to the basement where you started a sunday school lesson (you were practicing for the upcoming week at church). 
Anyway, I still needed to use the facilities, so you sent me through a tiny door into an industrial kitchen. When I turned around to ask where the bathroom was, you'd closed the door but came in over an intercom and told me how to find the door to the washroom.  
Ducking through a smaller doorway, I ended up in a furnace room with this strange wooden bench... it looks kind of like the desk I have in my livingroom, but it had small square doors on the top and sides... I had to open drawers to use as steps to get up on it, but then I couldn't figure out how to use it. 
Eventually I knew I'd been in there too long, and figured you'd start to get suspicious, so I decided I'd just find a pit stop after I'd left your house... but I was getting desperate... and discovered at nearly the last second that the desk wasn't a toilet, it was icecream storage.
I found my way back to your basement where the kids were sitting on their perches (I guess your children are part parrot). You knowingly winked at me and said "did you ever get to urinate?"  
Then I ran out the door and forgot the book at your house.
I imagine tonight I'll dream-pick it up.

Oh my.
That was one of three dreams last night. I can still see the details of the kitchen, and the tubs of icecream sitting in the desk.
I did wake up having to pee though.

No comments: