Tuesday, January 29, 2013

90's

I just scared myself to death.
Really, I might be dead right now... my mind just hasn't caught up.

My mom sewed quite a bit when I was growing up.
At one point in the late 80's early 90's she started making me shorts and best of all, short overalls.
This was when it was really cool to wear boxer style shorts. Seriously. It was cool then.

Glow in the dark frog shorts.
Glow in the dark cow short overalls.
Glow in the dark pig short overalls.
Blue striped shorts.

Honestly. As parents, why didn't they stop us? These things looked terrible.

Anyway, there was always lots of leftover fabric in our house and mom would put it to use, or have us kids put it to use in some craft. One of the genius things she did was make aprons. I still have a bin of her stash that I dip into from time to time.

Fast forward to bedtime tonight.
I place the pile of folded (but not put away) laundry on my dresser. Lights get turned off. I turn to hop up on my bed (it's tall)... and I yelp.

There's a weird globby green ghost on my dresser.

Yup. I've still got one of those glow in the dark (cow) aprons.

Because you never know when you'll be cooking in the dark.

1 comment:

Caroline Brooks said...

I had them too! TEE HEE!
xo Caroline