Wednesday, November 14, 2012

less glamourous

Dump runs.

huhuhuh.... dump runs.

(I'm never going to grow up am I?)

Nearing the end of my basement cleaning adventure with a run to the dump to get rid of some of the bulky trash- Sure, I could have put it out at the end of the driveway, but here in the 'Burg we've got to pay by the bag for the things we throw out... It was so much cheaper to just drive to the garbage transfer. PLUS... it's always an adventure.

While you're not allowed to "dumpster dive" there anymore, it's a small County... so, of course I knew people at the dump.

(MandaManda- I saw Barry there! I nearly hugged him... but... it was the dump. He was dirty)

Speaking of a "small County".... Yesterday I got two fantastic messages.

So, I'm getting ready to head to the dump when the first message arrives- "are you available to do a voice over?" (radio ad) "head over to the radio station at such and such a time".
YAY!!!
Small towns means people remember you've said you've done something in the past (voice overs) and that you'd likely be the one to call when you need someone!

When Handsome J closed the recording studio, I figured my voice over days were over.... but after this afternoon, I'm now on the voice over list for one of the radio stations! That's a fun thing- more about this tomorrow.

Small towns ALSO mean that you're likely to get messages that say something like "hey, did you lose your owl pin? I just found one that looks really familiar the coffee shop".

Small town lovin' today.

No comments: