Friday, November 30, 2012

Dress


We've been running full dress all week for the opening of "Christmas at the Park Theatre". It's our version of the radio city Chirstmas special... with the previously mentioned "Parkettes" instead of the "Rockettes".

Um... I've been calling them the "Perkettes" (read the post from two days ago)

Last night we even had Santa (aka The Town Crier, aka Tom) in costume... he's just been lumbering out from the audience in past rehearsals in jeans and a sweatshirt.

I'd invited the individuals (and accompanying staff) from where I work to come and watch the dress (rehearsal) last night. They gave us some really great energy while we were up there- singing loudly and clapping with excitement. I think there was some confusion when we started singing happy birthday to Santa (it was Tom's birthday), but they took it all in stride. I loved that every time I looked back to where they were sitting someone would start waving frantically at me.

Bitter sweet. This will have to be my last show due to the changes with work. I won't be able to attend any rehearsals with the new schedule. Unless I  find a director who's really lenient and allows me to show up an hour late every evening.



A shot from this week... I'm behind one of the pineappley things- (AMAZING headdresses by Lisa... based on one of the 12 days of Christmas! The girls have to walk sideways to fit thru the door!)

No comments: