Tuesday, September 25, 2012

nearly awesome

After the festival... well, I can't be bothered to do much of anything.

Sunday after the fest ended, my front porch was loaded with all the items that belong to the artists' and children's village that can't be packed into the trailer (things that can't be frozen like paint and glue and markers). Seems like that shouldn't be much stuff right? Markers don't take up much space... except that I can barely go out the front door due to the piles of boxes...
I told the team I wouldn't be storing things at my house this year- it's not my job anymore, and I want to do some work in my basement... I can't do those things with extra boxes in the way. Which is the main reason the boxes are still in the porch. (not just because I'm lazy)

That's not the point of this story.

There's so much crap in my front porch, it took me a few days to figure out there was something extra in the porch... it took me 5 days to actually bother to check to see what it was.

And then, when I knew what it was? I left it there for another 3 days before doing any investigative work.

A backpack.

Mind you, it was a backpack with an xbox, several games, and an ipod touch. I figured some drunken friend had dropped it off at the wrong house, an would eventually get it figured out. Nope.

It sat there.

As I've never owned an ipod, let alone played with an ipod touch, it took me a good while to figure out who it *might* belong to. Thankfully whomever had used it last, had left it signed into their facebook account, so I was able to send a message... but then... I started thinking "why was there no other contact info?" and "who has a nearly empty (aside from music) ipod touch?"... so then I worried it had been stolen, cleared, and dumped...

Obviously I didn't care too too much, I nearly gave the whole thing away **, and then handed it over to the first person who could correctly identify the items in the bag.

Turns out the guy had been drunk when he lost it... best part of the story? He used to live in this house years ago.

I nearly owned an ipod.

Well, at least I've got some reward grocery money now.


**story to come.

No comments: