Tuesday, September 11, 2012

August Rush

Whew!
Survived the summer.

Things that happened in real life: campfires, dinner parties, house concerts, heat waves, lake waves, walks, naps, too much netflix, camping trips, births, deaths, work, play, gardens, city trips, hospital visits, family,new friends, old friends, festivals.

Too many fun things to be written.

Tomorrow we're celebrating the life of dear Little Sue.
Sue was one of the first people I met when I started volunteering with GTI (now Greenwood Coalition). At first she terrified me a little... how could someone be like her? How could anyone survive her past... and her present life? Slowly I got to know her for the beautiful woman she was. We laughed... holy crap... we laughed a lot. We talked. I learned. She taught me. We both grew.

A little over a month ago we sat out front of her home, drinking her signature bad coffee, talking about the changes we'd both seen happen in the 5 years we'd known each other. A while later we got together to celebrate the end to her chemo and radiation treatments... and now we're gathering to celebrate her life.

I'm still processing what's happened.

Sometime I'll write about it.


(sue giving me her grumpiest of faces - generally followed by side splitting laughter- at my expense)

No comments: