Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring peepers

It's March.
Still, things are mighty strange on the hobbit homestead this year.
I can hear spring peepers, those cute little frogs. My friend found a Junebug yesterday (dear God in heaven, if this is an early drawn out junebug season I don't know what I'll do). I have daffodils and crocuses up, the strawberry plant has been rescued from the chickens. The sap stopped running. I can see the peony trying to decide if it should wake up (the rescued one)... I hope it keeps sleeping, it's lived through so much, I'd hate to kill it in it's first season of having a proper chance. I worry that we're still going to get snow. Seriously.
Even though this is what I watched for the afternoon....


IMAG0918

Shorts. Tank tops. Bare feet.
I'm torn, I don't know what I want.

No comments: