Tuesday, December 21, 2010

really?

I have no problem with hipsters. Heck, I think I try to be one. It's a funny thing.
"Evolution of a Hipster" kills me.
The generalities are great for a laugh. I heard a GREAT comedy podcast on the weekend using every stereotype about hipsters, the whole show was about a university radio station that only played songs so obscure no one had ever heard them before. I laughed HARD.

Anyway, last night I had an audition (more on that later) and there was a young girl there... she was dressed like she'd been cast for a role in an 80's music video... but then again, I came in pig-tails and graphic tee (the audition was for the role of an 8 year old).
I chatted with her a bit since she was new and didn't know anyone... but it was all I could do to keep a straight face when I asked her what her audition piece was. Her reply? "Oh, it's a song from the 90's, 'Blue Hair' you've never heard of it, it's my favourite and it's really obscure"
amazing

No comments: