Monday, August 16, 2010

Pooch

I bring the pooch to work with me.

While she's got a bit of a reputation (story another day) to overcome, she's done really well being in the group home. Her favourite thing to do (when not hoovering the food off the floor, or following me around) is to fall asleep on the couch next to one of the men while they watch tv. She was born to hang out in a group home with these guys. Patently sitting at their feet while they bark "SIT" at her.
You can watch her roll her eyes- as if to say "oh goodnight! I'm already sitting!"

Unfortunately, Miss Jelly is afraid of storms. Thank God she's hearing impaired, (I think. or maybe just really slow) she misses most storms if there's enough other noise. Tonight however was one of those storms you just don't want to go out in... LOUD. Power outages. Flashing. Jelly flew off the couch and started shaking.

As I was going to be doing a double shift - my plan had been to take her home (did I mention the hobbit house is FOUR houses away? mind you, four very large houses away and around the corner) feed her, feed the buns, grab my overnight bag- as I'm still being paid to sleep here- and head back to the group home... leaving dear Jellster at home.
And then... the rain came.
A LOT of rain came.
But, time being what it was, I dragged trembling Jelly into the downpour, and started to hightail it home... holding a lightning rod, we dodged death and puddles.
We made it, but I was praying the whole way home- and we were both drenched to the skin.

Now usually, when a storm hits, Miss Jelly can be found with her head in the corner between the fridge and the wall, panting and shaking... but tonight it was just too much for her. She ran in the house...
and jumped into the bathtub.

she was still there when I left the house.

poor pooch.


In garden news, the ground cherries are ripe and tasty.
no, I'm not sharing.

No comments: