Wednesday, May 05, 2010

block head

When I make a plan, I procrastinate to the end, but I finish it.
That's what I do.
Most of the time.
Or, When I make a plan, I go whole hog and burn out along the way, and give up hope that it'll ever happen. (That's the messy one)

Those are my patterns. I recognize them, and I try to work around them.

BUT.
I'm happy to say that I've broken that trend and finished something that I'm pretty darn proud of. I quit my job on Friday.

I reached my goal (the hobbit house), and now there's no need to live the life of a workaholic.

Some people are surprised when I say I've left my unionized Monday to Friday position in favour of working at the group home- but when you get down to the math of it, and what makes my heart happy- I've made the right choice for me.

After today, 7 more shifts at the day program- my last 12 day stretch.
I did what I set out to do, created some independence for myself with the Hobbit House- now I'm going to enjoy a job well done.

What are you going to do with your time?

HA!

No comments: