Saturday, October 03, 2009

weekend escape to your roots?

The second annual Naptown Scarecrow fest was this weekend, so I decided to make it tradition by driving down the highway and crashing on Toto's couch.... this year however, I managed to avoid working in the local coffee shop (last year was a case of poor timing on my part- though, I did have a lot of fun).
Music, cows, scarecrows, shopping, horses, pumpkins, shopping, visits with old friends, making new friends, shopping, taking my time.

I needed to remove myself from home for awhile. And it worked out just fine...

Best parts of the day had to have been the moments that reminded me how small (but lovely) Naptown really is... I was sitting in the coffee shop, deciding if it was time to have lunch, when a woman walked in. She called out to TimSheff and asked if his sister had been in yet. He yelled back that he hadn't. Then she called out "did elbow show up?" (but used my name obviously) he looked at her funny, then pointed at me. I had no idea who she was.
She's still on the far side of the shop at this point.... and calls out asking me a question about something I'd done the day before....
a little later on...
I'm in a shop, the salesgirl recognizes me as someone who's been in the shop in the past, and remembers that I'm from out of town... and proceeds to tell me about the three new shops in town that I need to go visit....
So... I go visit the first one... and the lady behind the counter starts chatting with me (I was going to say "at me" but.. I was involved in the conversation, I didn't shut it down). Anyway, I eventually make a purchase, and the woman behind the counter says "now honey, every sale comes with a hug!" and comes out from behind the counter and gives me a great big bear hug! "thanks for the conversation!" she hollers as I walk out the door....

lol.. too funny.

1 comment:

RG said...

Yu keep this running up you'll embarass us all into it ...