Monday, February 23, 2009

I lie

so there I go, saying you likely won't hear from me with the crazy of the play taking over my life... butta... I'm too wound to sleep soooooo.
One of the girls in the play had the best idea... a "Hair" journal. 

I wish I'd thought of that.
That I'd chronicled what was going on, my feelings about the play- how my thoughts about things may or may not have changed. The things I've worried about, my triumphs... all that.
It's a little late for that now. 
But, I can still capture this week.

Biggest things today:: I was a bundle of nerves getting ready to leave the house, and getting dressed in the dressing room- I didn't get lost in the bowels of the building today, so that was a good thing- I only got tangled up in the curtains twice coming on stage... so those were good things.... the buzz in the dressing room was contagious, and I dropped my nerves there... we got Mic'd up, and did some warm ups... then jumped in. 

Have I mentioned how much I love the tribe? 

Anyway, I finally got that stupid "Air" dance figured out... had a slight wardrobe malfunction... my cowboy outfit walked away from where Chrissy and I had left the pieces... but thankfully, we've been given two full extra bars of music to get dressed... so I think it's going to work out just fine!

We got some tobacco less, nicotine free, tar free, fruit stuff for our pot pipes, so we get to smoke on stage... it kinda reminds me of those herbal smokes- but the after taste is worse than any cigar I've ever tasted... I had to be shown how to use the pipe.
Only draw back.. I mean other than the breath that reeks of stank... is that it really dries me out... I only had a few puffs... and my voice was drydeadgone by the end of the run thru....

finally found a good harmony/rhythm for "Let the Sunshine"... so I'm feeling good about that too...

all in all... 

it's going to be just fine.

and frig, I just can't wait to have an audience sitting out there.

AND, my sister is coming to see the show... I'm excited about that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, that's me!

L.Bo Marie said...

hmmm, Claude Hooper Bukowski? is that you?