Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Turkey Day '08


We had thanksgiving this weekend here in the 'Burg and the Port of Hope and the Greater Nap Area ... (well, all of Canada really). Many birds lost their lives. I enjoyed eating two of them.


There was some wine and laughs. (Even though it was a rough weekend) (God bless Peaches and Gale)


Yes, the turkey WAS covered in bacon.... it may have been filled with sasuage (God bless Toby for his turkey porking skills)


True, we didn't eat pumpkin pie, but the maple glazed pumpkin cheese cake kicked a$$- (Toby is demonstrating ass kicking here). (God Bless Bethy for her cake building skills)


We played some bocce ball. Dad and I won (God Bless my awesome skills).


The tree avoided damages... there were some casualties along the way... (God bless that old flower pot and the giant lava head that now sport cracks and dimples respectively)

I'm thankful for friends and family.
How did you spend your weekend?

5 comments:

RG said...

Wait ... is it Canada Thanksgiving already? Hmmm

We had some relatives and good times too .. thankful as well.

Nursedude said...

The phrase "turkey porking" if taken out of context is really quite disturbing. That said I must confess that I have always wanted to try the ultimate poultry trifecta: Turducken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turducken

L.Bo Marie said...

I have wanted to try that since I first heard of it... can you even imagine putting something like that in your mouth?

Nursedude said...

yes, yes I can. drool

Amanda said...

there is one turduken at my local grocery store and i would like to buy it but its like $70... i may have to save