Friday, October 17, 2008

instead of sleeping

So, I'm sitting half heartedly watching tv, mostly just playing online. Reading blogs, checking facebook photos... the usual.
Then it hits me.
(be forewarned... I'm about to swear)

"Shit. I'm old"

Here's what's happened.... I'm cruising thru some photos from high school friends... and I start to notice something... my friends look like they are in their 30's. 
Then I remember... it's because they are.
See that guy? He looks like.... gulp.... a man.
My friends are MEN? My friends are looking suspiciously like their parents?
We're.... aging? 

I don't think I can handle this.
No... really....
I'm sitting in a mild state of shock.
With maybe a little throw up in my mouth.

4 comments:

Nixie's Mom said...

thanks L. Now I am really depressed...:)

Nixie just said to me this morning when I put on an old pair of glasses (I thought were hip 10 years ago) that I looked like 'an old chinese women'.

Sigh.

RG said...

Yea ... my Dad looks out at me from the medicine cabinet.

Here are some words from a good old Waylon Jennings tune - Amanda ..

I've held it all inward, God knows, I've tried,
But it's an awful awakening in a country boy's life,
To look in the mirror in total surprise.
At the hair on my shoulders and the age in my eyes.

Waylon is dead now, but he is the guy who gave his airplane seat to Buddy Holly ....

Anonymous said...

LOL - you too funny
old is 15 years old than i am!

Mark said...

I've been checking out my receding hairline lately. And my gray hairs. And the crow's feet around my eyes.

ALSO, yesterday I almost won a tube of Mary Kay facial firming cream and I actually wanted to keep it (but that's another story).