Wednesday, September 03, 2008

A drib

One set of photos....


sigh... I want to go back to the nation.... (SVFF Nation that is)

There was a conversation going on between several people on the weekend... that the festival isn't just about the music. It's a series of mini festivals- all with a common goal, inclusion, community, and enjoyment. This year I had quite a bit of free time to sit and watch the main event - the music festival and arts village... and I found that it wasn't what I was there for at all. I was there for the common goal. I was there for the hard work. I was there for connecting with old friends, building new relationships. I was there for the fresh air, the campfires, the cooking, the walking, the sweating, the tears, the laughter.... I could actually be there and not even need the bands playing.

(note:: there were several people/groups that I would not have missed... they were fantastic)

These "mini festivals" happen all around us, we don't set out to create them, they follow when people aren't looking for them. They are the real reason something like SVFF works- they keep the volunteers coming back, they keep people impassioned and fed. 

I need to be looking for those in my day to day life.
But I still miss the nation.

No comments: