Wednesday, August 13, 2008

snip snip thanks

Ok, so we got all that yard work done yesterday- my legs are a little sore (lots of bending and raking). 
Today, the old lady who lives to the South of us came to the door... picture her with me... OLD. Dark wrap around glasses, flowing flowered blouse, Blue coiffed hair, "walking stick", and heeled shoes. 
"Pauline" had asked me to trim her side of the hedge the other day, she'd offered $10. I said we'd do it for free, but she was coming to the door to pay for what we'd finished. 
I opened the door to let her in- when out of nowhere.... thump thump thump... giant thundering bunny comes running to great our guest.
"Pauline" gasps, looks down at thunderbun and says "is this your companion?"
I nod.
"Well, I guess people will do anything these days".

1 comment:

LStew said...

how post post-modern of you.