Friday, July 25, 2008

oh hai

I think one of the best things I’ve ever heard just happened. Ok, let’s make that TWO of the best things… ever.

First, a staff at the office told me I should probably start reading books by some woman, that she LOVES to read her stuff, “AND, she’s a psychic… but, you know.. a real one. On Montel and everything!”

Then, a manager came in and asked me the result of an assignment she’d given me yesterday. This was not the same manager who ended up coming in to help- it was one who likes to give additional work. I had not gotten a chance to do it, but I had some places I needed to stop by around town, so I told her I’d go do it and call her with the results. She seemed a little annoyed that it wasn’t done… I called her less than 10 mins later with the info.
Flash forward to a few hours later- I still need the results from her part of the assignment (it was the exact same assignment, just done in a different area… the area being right outside her office door). I give the manager a call and ask her what she’d found.
“um… I haven’t done it yet”

No comments: