Tuesday, July 15, 2008

bits and pieces

It's a small town
(is there a broken record on this blog?)
So small... that word of the break in has gotten to the owner of the building that the two kids ran into. So small, that he called to apologize.
So small, that he was at the apartment in the building talking to the people who lived there, trying to get the whole story.
Crazy.


What else...?
Right.... Started the bins tonight. Lost track of how many eggs I stuck in the "eggsperiment" bin... I think there's 15. But 4 adults in the "4 worm trial", and two hand fulls of various ages in "the ark" back-up bin.
Turns out... FNT has more worms than I thought.
I thought he had one bin of worms and 5 of castings.... no.. he has 5 bins of worms.
I think I've found my soul mate.
Well.. other than the fact he's at least 35 years older- and married. I'm sure we'll work out the details. (JOKES people)

Ummm...
No, I'm not getting a dog- but good guess... only in my dreams. No dog till I have a house that I can afford without working 65 hours a week- and at this rate... it'll be never.
EXCEPT- that our house will be going off the market at the end of August. And we haven't had anyone thru the house in two weeks.

I was in the car the other day with Bethfield and Jenny, the talk turned to children... and yes, most definitely- I want several... though.. the chance of that narrow by the day. Bethfield posed the turkey baster question- and if I had any feelings about it. I do like turkey- but I will not be having any children thru a sperm donor, thank you very much. Too many issues there. Strangely enough- Roomie2 was watching Oprah the other day- and it was about sperm bank kids... it totally reinforced my thoughts...
In the next breath... Bethfield asked me "well, what about a really big dog? like a St.Bernard?"

...



...

My mind was still going in one direction... and I was shocked and ... shocked... I was SHOCKED!

...turns out, she'd moved on... she just meant I would more likely be able to pick up some lovely man by having a large dog as a pet... not that I should bare mutant children.

I laughed pretty hard.

2 comments:

Northumberland Independent said...

I think I want to check out your worms someday. I really want to see how it is working for you.

L.Bo Marie said...

come by anytime, I'm quite proud of their accomplishments.
*sigh*
sometimes I hate how nerdly I've become