Tuesday, June 24, 2008

what letter are we on?

Time gets away from me. 
Just like it does for everyone. 
When I have a moment, it's gone just as soon as it's realized. I'm ok with that, but sometimes it makes me sad.
I get lonely. I get frustrated. And a lot of the time I wonder why I'm running so hard.

Last week on my walk I ran into some friends on the street, they were just finishing an evening bike ride down to the lake and were all smiles as they headed home. One of them said to me as we chatted, "Do you have your bike on the road yet?" 
It was the third time in as many weeks that she'd asked me.
I tried to hold it together, and laughed it off- saying I'd get to it eventually.

Now.. I could have skipped going for my walk and fixed my bike (read- pumped the tires, greased the chain, fought with the brakes) but... I couldn't. I talked with Roomie2 about it when I got home...
Sometimes I get to the point where I just don't want to do anymore. I'm one person.. and yes, I've become pretty independent. (I've lamented this before) But sometimes... all I want to do is turn to someone and say "could you please do this for me?" To turn to my invisible husband and say "honey, could you take care of this one thing for me?"
And... well... that's not an option.
Which is why on the week of summer... my bike was still tucked in the garden shed.

Sunday afternoon though, that changed. A dear friend came to the house, pulled the rusty bike out of the shed- and proceeded to give my bike it's spring tune up. 
I cried.
And then I went and scrubbed some of the winter rust.

Did you know you can use tin foil to shine chrome????
I have good friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's pretty awesome :-)