Thursday, June 19, 2008

wedd'in

Jenny and Bobert are gettin' a hitched this weekend... 
things to expect:

Friends
laughter
Music
Tie Die
Food
Karaoke

This will be good.


Also good: I went shopping today. To find a dress. 
This wasn't something I was looking forward to... I don't want to spend any more money. I was having a conversation with someone today about weddings... trying to think how much money I'd forked over in the past 10 years for friends wedding stuff... clothing/ bridesmaid dresses, gifts, hotels, showers, drinks-stagettes, traveling...  
Anyway, that's not my story. 
I went shopping. For a dress, and I found one. It took me forever to decide.. I didn't bother to look at the tags, I knew the store, I knew I didn't want to go into the city... so I just went with it. 
When I got to the cash, the lady there smiled, and rang it in... and said the magic words "it's been marked down." 
Not only that... it was half off (since I decided to buy a shirt too)....
Grand total?
$14.00

I'm still grinning.

2 comments:

ellie said...

Good for you Leslie!

What store did you go to? I want to see a pic of the awesome dress!

Hope you had fun at the wedding!

lizzie

Anonymous said...

schweet!
hope you had a great time