Wednesday, June 11, 2008

i) coming up with a negative of goodness

Sometimes... I hate things.
Tonight I was talking with a friend at GTI (community dinner night) about an agency that was working with her to help her thru some things.

I was so frustrated by the end of the conversation- sitting there, trying to be encouraging and supportive, but seething inside about the way she had been treated.

I DON'T GET IT!
There are so many things set up in our community to help ... and yet... there's so little communication between people.. that things are getting missed.
I offered all I could. A listening ear to a frustrated friend. The only practical thing I could give was a new brochure that listed all the help agencies in 'Umberland (our county). She and her partner poured over it... so surprised to see what was actually available to them.
Another friend had been listening and piped up... "is there anyone in there to help with my teeth?".... and smiled her trademark toothless grin.

I'm beat this month. - I was going to say "today", but in counting the number of days I've felt like myself, against the number of days where I haven't... I'm coming up in the negative with goodness. I'm not people'd out... I'm just hurting to much for some... and wishing that I had more time to do more....
more
more
more
I'm greedy for time -to make it feel like a dent is being made in all this wonderful mess.
Sometimes... I love things.

1 comment:

LStew said...

let the toob comfort you. that is why i bought it for you.