Sunday, May 11, 2008

the other boyfriends

A long time ago, I used to sing every week.
Not just karaoke, I don't even do that anymore. But with a group of people from my church.. we were the worship band/team whatever.
I looked so forward to those nights- our practice nights. I even schedualed my one night off from work so I could be with them.
As far as talent... we were pretty good. Seriously. Not "toot my own horn, make myself feel good about the experience" good. But honestly good. I'd even listen to me.

anyway...

I got to spend the evening with them last night. My pastor bought us dinner, then took us to see a movie.

Even though our group has shifted and grown, and some have moved away... there's still a large portion of the core group there.. involved in different ways. Being with them last night felt like a sweater...
no, better...
like a scarf AND a sweater.
They are that comfortable.

That's the part I'm going to miss.

No comments: