Wednesday, May 21, 2008

k... now it's getting creepy

So I was going to do two posts tonight.. one to talk about yesterday's meeting with the mayor... and the other to talk about my worms... because I'm fascinated by them.
I decided to take a brief detour around the interwebs... and decided that in fact... Natalie Dee IS stalking me. And I couldn't be happier.

I WAS going to write this::

Well, the worm experiment is going great. I had a nightmare about them last night- someone had stolen the bin... and left me with a small box of leaves.. and 4 small wrigglers. This upset me... so for the rest of the dream, I chased after the person who had stolen them- through a full high ropes course- including one of the obstacles where you have to climb over a flashlight and a shoe. Because... uh... everyone knows that's the hardest part of a high ropes course? (whatever, leave me alone.. it was a dream) The dream ended with me smoking a nice cigarette. I'd love to be a smoker in real life. I never will be, but I have this thing... where I should be one.

Anyway, the worms... I love them. I open the bin like... 4 or 5 times a day. That doesn't seem like much, but when you factor in the fact that I'm only home 4 hours a day... well.... I might have a problem.
They smell so great.
Like fresh turned earth.
Three days ago I fed them a small scoop of bunny poop (as recommended by Ilex) it's nearly gone. Too cool. I have an abundance of bunny poop. I'm glad to have a place to put it.
Tonight- a small handful of potato and carrot peelings- they're going to need new bedding by the weekend.
I'm going slow on adding food stuffs to the box. I have a pretty small group of worms- but I was assured they'd be multiplying if they liked the set up. No one's tried to crawl out yet... I think we're doing ok.

That's what I was GOING to write.
BUT... instead... I'll just post this....




Sir Craps A-Lot... a la Natalie Dee.

5 comments:

RG said...

Oh, you're just going around the bin a few times!

Deb Cushman said...

That's a lot of love for worms! So there's a real use for all that bunny poop? Who would have thought!

ilex said...

HAH! Nice art. Obviously a bun mom.

I'm so excited about your worms I can barely stand it. Be sure you don't overfeed with the other stuff- you really can't underfeed for the first 2 months or so. THe worms need time to adjust to their new digs.

I used to dream about my worms, too. They have a way of getting deep into your subconscious, those little pink kids.

Anonymous said...

the lady that adopted Riena called me 1 day later and asked how often i clean the litter box because it already had TONS of poop in it and she was concerned that Riena would stop using it!

i told her that's why the next male bun i get i'm getting i'm naming Manny ... as in "man he poops a lot"

Percipia said...

I love the fact that, given the choice between worms and the mayor, you went with the worms.

I won't tell her if you won't.

FgH