Thursday, May 22, 2008

GTI

mmm, dinner of Mac and Cheese and hot dogs or sausages... you'd think we planned it or something.

Later in the evening, watching a game of Euchre (which I still don't know how to play) I spotted N's cigarette case, I'd just finished telling him about my dream the night before, and as I held the case I thought out loud "see, now here's another reason to start smoking" ** "It's so pretty, and shiny... I have no excuse to carry something like this around with me."
Then I spent the next few minutes trying to come up with reasons to have one of my own. At first I thought I could cake the whole thing with foot butter... and have it on hand for whenever it was needed... (also works well for chapped hands) ... and then it came....
From dear sweet FgH... "you could put some worms in it". "Like that episode of the Simpsons"

"well, I already pocket compost" hippie crush of Lisa's says, as he pulls out a handful of worms and decaying fruit...


I laughed.... HARD.
I'll admit... I'm thinking about it.... it would be a lot like that sea monkey watch I had in university- the one that had the bubble dome on it, so I could bring REAL LIVE sea monkeys with me to class...

hmmmm

** I am not smoking. I'm just infatuated with it.

5 comments:

Fallen said...

I must say I still miss my silver cigarette case... with the pot leaf inside, all nice and laminated. And then there was my Harley Zippo. But the smoking... don't miss that at all! :o)

Northumberland Independent said...

This reminds me. A few weeks ago I was in a shop and a woman in front of me was buying cigarettes. It was no big deal til she turned around. She was fully (and I mean fully) pregnant.

I had to watch her walk outside and light up in front of me. I almost threw up.

Reminded me once again that smoking is one of the sickest things on the planet.

RG said...

Euchre ... oh yes ... the jacks are high ... the trump suit first and the other of the same color next and there are so many cards but no little ones ... it plumb eluded me.

Infatuated with worms and smoking ... you might be time traveled from about 1850???

Anonymous said...

LOL - so random - you crack me up! do you need a reason to get one?!!

L.Bo Marie said...

@ archi's mum... lol, I'm trying REALLY hard not to be a pack rat!