Friday, April 04, 2008

the week end. finally

Friday night.... it's here. I'm tucking myself into bed with a hot chai, season 6 of sopranos, and a bunny...
doesn't get much better than this.

The past few days the front of the house has smelt... well, bad.
Like a rotten cabbage or bag of mushy broccoli.
Yesterday I was walking past the front flower beds and figured it out... That ornamental cabbage plant? The one that's like 5 feet tall? oh yeah, it's rotting... that smell of rotting cabbage... found.
I spent about an hour digging in the dirt.... mmmm spring stinks, but I like dirt.

a row of lettuce, the parsley, tomatoes and a few of the zucchini are up in their trays... just a few more weeks... I can hold out right?

3 comments:

RG said...

Dang ... I better get some seeds n the dirt. I DID get some of those heat mats to put under the trays to warm them up a bit. And, I actually plugged them in ... now to plant .....

Lisa Ens said...

Thanks for the chat yesterday!!! (I figured I'd better leave at least one comment since I visited you today). ;) Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

my pup loves digging in the dirt too - i'm hoping he'll help me dig up the bunny garden so i don't have to do all the hard work tilling the soil to plant!