Friday, April 18, 2008

green babies!

ok ok, I'll admit to stealing the "green babies" moniker from Ilex. But it's such a great little name for my tiny little green sprouts!

The weather has finally turned, and after speaking with a few garden friends, we've come to agreement, that maybe the green babies can have an early start this year! I figure since I'll be doing all raised beds, the soil will be more than warm enough, and I'll just keep my eye on the weather guy to determine if the babies will need to be covered up in their beds.

Tomorrow is a sleep in morning... finally. And for some reason I agreed to a breakfast meeting with some friends ... for 8am. honestly, I think my brain must have been sucked out to have said yes to that. Anyway, fully realizing that I'm going to be a write off, I got my laundry done, and hung tonight (fresh for tomorrow's spring breeze). The little sprouts, had the evening out in the shade with me on the deck, they liked it so much, I'm sure I could have sat and WATCHED them growing!

My camera battery died this evening as I went to download the new pics, it's plugged in now... maybe if I'm not a zombie tomorrow I'll get around to showing off "the kids".

I did however get my life organized and printed out some hard copies of my favourite pics from the past year (uh... yeah... so I only JUST realized how much easier it is to go to the photo place and get them done... vs. me actually having ink in my printer) I'm going to try to find some time to stick them into a scrapbook tomorrow, nothing fancy, just pictures and stories, very little embellishment. I'll save that for when I'm manic
;)
kidding.

Also, three sightings this week (ok, in the past two days)... errr... no, I'm not back to my old ways... just a little spring feverish.
again with the kidding.

1 comment:

ilex said...

Hey, I've been linked! How fabulous is that?