Wednesday, April 30, 2008

good bye Obama pig, and other such crazy happenings

Disclaimer:: this does not mean to refer to Obama as a pig, but rather, a graffiti pig... advertising "vote for Obama".

Tonight, a particularly odd night as far as nights go at GTM... More on that tomorrow, when I can upload the pictures.... just a few words "cat's perfect dream eats".
Think chocolate covered almonds and how good they are... now try to imagine what a cat would dream of.....
actually, give me some ideas, we'll see if anyone comes up with tonight's delight.


So, there's a guy who helps out, and he turns to me (as I'm singing loudly to some random song- on the cd player? in my head? I don't even know). He turns and says "I'll bet you like Cbc music too don't you?" But, he says it in a way that definitely means "too" as in = "in addition to whatever the frig you're singing so poorly" and not "too" as in = "like me".
But, of course, I don't realise this distinction as I'm answering "yes of course" (read "heck yeah, why even ask?" and throw in an eye roll).
To which he starts laughing.... "I love the talking, but once the music comes on, I have to turn the channel".

This is something that I don't get.

I think Cbc plays great music... not nearly enough Canadian content, but you know... a decent amount.

I'm still pondering this as I get in my car to drive home, the radio greets me with the end of a great song, and then a fill in host for "as it happens" comes on and starts talking about some lost and then found balloon.

Something about a large helium balloon that was released... in the shape of a pig... and there was something about Pink Floyd... and like Icarus it flew too close to the sun... (ok, I think on that he was just trying to sound poetic) Anyway, there was a prize for whomever found the burst pig balloon, and it was found in a desert yadda yadda yadda. Apparently the pig was covered in graffiti, and part of it said "Obama" and had a check mark beside it. I only half listened to the story... and mostly it was dumb.

But then it happened.

of all the songs they could have played.... "candle in the wind" was up... it started and I immediately thought of my friend and started to agree a little with his thoughts on the music maybe sucking a tiny bit....

and the song started to play....
"Good bye...."

and was interrupted.
by the host.
doing a voice over.

Elton sang "Good Bye"
host guy "Obama pig"
elton played on....

I change my mind. Cbc plays awesome music.

No comments: