Saturday, April 26, 2008

cotton, blue to green

ok, so I wear my jeans till there's nothing left of them.
errr.. remember that time my jeans finally gave out and ripped from knee to crotch at the grocery store? yeah. That was... uncool.

BUT here's something super cool I found, and I don't think it's available here in Ontario (yet). (hint hint.. someone get on this).

There's a group down state-side that collects old jeans and processes them back into cotton fibre- and then makes them into housing insulation! Such a great idea! I have a sweater that's made from the same material (recycled cotton fibres) I love it... it's so warm, and they left the colours in it, they didn't bleach out what was already there.... Mandamanda calls it "the f'n poncho". I get the feeling she doesn't like it so much.

1 comment:

Lisa Ens said...

Hehe, I do the same thing with my jeans! I just threw out a pair cause the hole in the thigh was so big it was indecent. lol