Tuesday, March 25, 2008

travel in a not so lonely planet

I love Ian Wright. We've gone over this before.
He is the standard to which I judge all other travel hosts by (and trust- I am extremely judgemental when it comes to television).
Last night I landed on the discovery network while I hemmed and hawed over weather to have a shower or a bubble bath. (the shower won out in the end)... anyway, while I sat there, this show came on. Fabulous premise. Really. Two guys and a camera man, one year, travelling all over the place, meeting up with their various contacts around the globe. How cool is that?
UN COOL.
Because... these boys were... well... boys! One, a dumb college boy, who acted like an overly privileged brat the whole show... the other... you could see maturing (a bit), but it was still painful (it was the first episode) but... ug, I was so upset watching it... insanely jealous that these guys had the money handed to them... so they could drink their way around the world one frat party at a time!
BAH!

OK, I am unfair.

I could NOT look away. The redeeming quality? The part that made it actually... really... really good?

The camera guy. He was a genius.
I felt like I was watching an art project.
I will watch again.
With the sound off.
"Departures"

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Thank you for linking me back... but please link the correct site.... www.chronichiccup.blogspot.com

Thanks

L.Bo Marie said...

lol.. picky manda.