Thursday, March 06, 2008

Pretty clean for a Blues concert (or) wait, was that a response to yesterday's post?

To younger readers:: you should probably skip this one.

Last night the Sheffs and I headed to Ptbo for an evening of fine bluesman and uke skills.
As usual, we weren't disappointed.
Now... I've had a song or two dedicated to me in the past, and I always wonder what exactly it is that leads someone to dedicate a song...
You can smile and laugh along at an inside joke, raise an eyebrow and wonder at the message... OR sink under the table... turned beet red...
Manitoba now leads the pack with a two for two in the "sink under the table" category.

He started with, "I'd like to dedicate this song to L.Bo" (well... except he didn't call me L.Bo). Then he began to set up the song with a little story. Man is locked out of the house by his wife/girlfriend, he's banging on the back door in the freezing cold barnyard begging to come back in.
"let me in/ let me in/ I've been banging at your back door/ when you gonna let
me in?"

He then stops his story about this couple... interrupting himself. (note:: this isn't word for word... as I was pretty much trying to hide under the table the second he paused) "Now, it was after I recorded this, that a friend of mine pointed out that maybe this song had another meaning, and sounded a little bit like some guy in a couple, asking, as some couples in a relationship might, to try out a little rear door entry in the bedroom".
room erupts into laughter.
I die.

after it was all said and done, Mo pipes up
"best song about bum sex I've ever heard"

again with the dieing.

3 comments:

megsheff said...

oh good night is RIGHT!
this'll be a good one for the open mic at the reception...

Crilly said...

I haven't heard a good song about the bum secks in a while.

T said...

oh that's just not right