Wednesday, February 13, 2008

you're kidding right?

(note::this was written last night)

I wasn't very nice to someone on the phone this morning.... No, scratch that... I wasn't OVERLY polite... like.. Canadian polite.
And I think this lady was expecting me to be...
It was the realestate agent.


remember when I said the landlord was thinking of listing early? Yeah... the house is being shown at noon tomorrow.

So... now I feel terrible for bringing my two roomates into this mess...
AND I feel annoyed, because when it's a "friend of the family" type thing, you don't want to stir the pot.

It's a great little house... but not worth what they're asking for it... and the number they've chosen is way out of my price limit.

Here's what gets me though. She told me she was going to list in April.
She told Roomie #2 she was going to list in April.
When we first looked at the house and were considering moving in... she said if we didn't want it right away... she was going to list it in the paper to rent. Did she figure strangers were going to be ok with being misled? Or, just more comfortable misleading people that "were friends" knowing we probably wouldn't rock the boat too much? It really isn't worth the trouble... we're still dealing with the crazy lady from the old house.... still no rent receipts... still no post dated cheques.

Supposedly there's to be a late closing date...
yeah... right.

5 comments:

Sing4joy said...

maybe if you 'forget' to clean up the house, it won't sell as quickly....just sayin'.

L.Bo Marie said...

lol... I've been thinking it ;)

ilex said...

"Canadian polite"- hahahaha! What, you guys aren't boy scouts every single minute of every day?

This house thing really blows, huh.

RG said...

You could leave little notes around like in the shower ... "REMEMBER! - right is HOT, left is cold" eh?

Fallen said...

I love how you referred to "Canadian polite." We do have a reputation to uphold. I can tell you that from my days working tech support Canadians were actually meaner and more demanding then the Americans.