Friday, February 22, 2008

Where's Cosby?

You remember that TV show, where Cosby would sit those kids down and (humiliate) interview them? I'm pretty sure it was "Kids Say the Darnedest Things".
I help out with a youth group.
Not little kids.
Teens.

Last night we were talking about the Pregnancy Crisis Centre in town, We did a small fundraiser for it last week, and some of our kids took a tour and talked with the director.

G.I.Netty asked those kids to share with the others what it was that they learned...
Hyper Girl pipes up (for once paying attention to the conversation) (twirling her hair)
"We learned that we should practice procrastination."
Everyone looked at her a little dumbfounded... till a friend translated.
"I think you mean abstinence."

3 comments:

RG said...

It will work!

Ticket 4 Two said...

Sounds like my youth group in high school! Don't worry- I usually was the friend to my hyper hair twirling friend Julie.

Northumberland Independent said...

Procrastination works possibly better.

Nothing will lower teen pregnancy rates than kids putting off sex because they are too lazy or uninterested.