Sunday, February 17, 2008

the day after

the gala was lovely... really really lovely.

it was almost like bootcamp for festival season, running around, getting things ready, keeping things moving, so tired you want to cry. But much shorter. Over before it had really started.

It did keep going afterwards, a group headed out to the B&B (more about that place later) for music and song and libation.
I headed to bed.
Knowing that my morning shift was going to be coming all too soon.

I walked thru a snow bank in open toed shoes just to get to my bed faster.... it was that important.

And as I lay snug in my sheets, I wondered "did I lock the door?" as I heard the sound of someone coming into the house.

They wandered around, I heard some thumping in the kitchen....

I rolled over in my bed, pulled the sheets higher, sighed... and thought to myself "well, at least if they kill me I won't have to go to work in the morning." then promptly fell asleep.

Sadly I awoke to my alarm.
It had only been my roommate coming home.

No comments: