Sunday, January 20, 2008

:( in a sad but happy sort of way.

A guy that I used to know, not someone I've been in touch with much over the past few years- but someone that I've found myself running into in all odd stages of my life for the past 17 years- passed away this morning.

How does someone young and previously healthy just die?

He went into the hospital a few days ago, it was looking really bad.. then there was an improvement, I opened an email this morning that was titled "exciting news for Kelly"... and thought he'd pulled out of it. It took me a moment or two to decipher the email... I couldn't wrap my mind around the statement "Kelly has gone home to his Father".

It was more of a stunned "I'm not really reading this" moment.

I'm glad he's not having to go thru anymore... but so incredibly sad for his family and close friends....

And dealing with my own issues of mortality... because this is my blog and I can be selfish here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. It is a sobering moment when a "peer" passes away. Thoughts and prayers +++. ND