Tuesday, December 18, 2007

unnnga unnnga raaaahhhhwwww

Well, I survived the Quad shifts.
Thankfully one of them was a sleep shift, or I figure I'd probably have killed someone by now. As it stands, I left work and went to the Laundromat... and had to try not to cry while I was there... that whole "try to be human when around humans" thing wasn't quite working by the end of the 32 hours.
Last night (during the sleep shift), one of the men decided he just really wasn't into the whole sleeping thing (which in turn means I'm not sleeping). He got up the first time at 2:20. Walked out of his room (which is directly across from the room where my cot is set up) (oh, pardon me... did I say cot? I mean... the couch in the living room) and started talking to me... wandered out to the kitchen and continued to talk for a bit. I ignored him at first, hoping he was going to the bathroom... after a few minutes, I could hear him just standing around in the kitchen, talking away.
I sat up, and gently said "Elvis! It's time to sleep!" then laid back down and fell asleep the moment I heard his door shut.
20 mins later the door creaks open again. Talking again. Interrupting this dream where I've got to find the right nightie for this chicken I've found in the crawlspace...
I open one eye to see Elvis leaning in the doorway chatting away.
"Elvis brrrrraaaaaaawwwwwwaaaaa!" (not even able to form words at this point)
Elvis goes back to his room.
15 mins later I hear the door creak open again...
This time I don't open my eyes... this time I just open my mouth and grunt "unnnga unnnga raaaahhhhwwwwww!" As loudly as I can... without actually taking a breath deeper than my previously-sleeping-breath.
Elvis goes back to his room.
20 mins later.... this is getting old now.....
the door... the talking... the walking into the kitchen... I wait, in hopes that it's part of my dream, this time, I'm fighting with a friend about how to get the Donkey to do something (I knew I'd have donkey dreams this week). Nope, he's really awake.
I open one eye and see him standing over me. Creepy.
In my most whiney voice ever I cry...
"Ellllllvissssssss..... go to beeeeeeeed".
And he does.
And the next thing I know.
It's morning.
And I'm laying in bed (errr, on the couch) wondering if I've forgotten to set the alarm... as my boss walks into the house.

No comments: