Sunday, December 02, 2007

or maybe I have your address wrong?

Dear December,

I guess you didn't get my last letter? The one where I asked you nicely to hold off for awhile? Or maybe I just didn't explain myself clearly.

See, December, I'm not that interested in you this year (YET).
Oh, I love your blankets of snow, your frosty designs on my window. I even love the crispy feeling in my nostrils when I breathe you in. But... could you hold off just a little while longer?

There are some people saying we're in for the coldest winter in 15 years, that the temperatures are going to be like when I was growing up... if that's the case-GREAT! I'd love to relive that... but, your drifting snow.... um, could that wait for another two or three days? I'd like to get out and finish my shopping... and, well, I hate to admit it, but I've left my "storm closure" list at work. If you're going to blow in anyway, please wait till I've got a copy at home.
please?
I'll celebrate Decemberween if you do!
pretty please?

much love and hopefulness,
L.Bo

No comments: