Saturday, December 08, 2007

Good Lovelies

I should really be sleeping at this point.


"You know it's been a good show when you don't even care that you can't feel your butt", was a comment I heard as I left the show.
True the seats were like rocks, but the show was both Good AND Lovely.
From the three fine young men who opened (a pleasant surprise in a town void of fine young men)(err... and I extend an apology to my male friends) to the fantastic performance put on by the ladies themselves.. there was not a single moment that I wished I was elsewhere!
Flying beer. Skinny Santa. Shared deodorant. Family ribbing. Great atmosphere (this was the first show at the JTTA building... Christine promises more to come.. so long as she can find the right "fit"). N'umberland community. Old Friends (I didn't even know you moved back here!). Whiskey. Candy canes. Audience participation. Tight harmonies. Beautiful lyrics. Introduction to some new writers. And dresses that tend to fall down.
really... what didn't happen tonight?
Ok, enough of the glowing on and on...But let me say, I really enjoyed myself, the band was entertaining (as always), and even though I just saw them a few short months ago, you can really sense the way they've come together/grown. I laughed most of the night... when I was breathing...I can't always breathe when there's a good harmony.
This was probably the most "fun"- but quality show I've seen out here in awhile, Congrats ladies on your one year anniversary!

No comments: