Tuesday, November 06, 2007

an open letter to the time keeper

Dear daylight savings time guy,

I hate you.

I work some nights doing a sleep shift in a group home... and I like my sleep. I look forward to sleeping so much that I often go in early.... in fact, I'll sometimes go in a full hour early, just to make sure I'm going to get my full allotment of sleep time.

Last night on the couch, waiting for it to be an acceptable time to go to work... I was counting down my minutes. getting nearer and nearer. 15 mins till I can go and get my stuff together so I can go to work and to go to sleep....
14 mins... 13.....
then the phone rings....
who the heck calls at 10:15?

I wander out to the hall to grab the phone... I look up at the clock again, starting to worry about why/who would be calling late-ish at night... and I see that I've forgotten to change the clock by the couch... in fact... it's only 9:15... and my shift doesn't start till 11:30.

I hate you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like sand through the hourglass so are the days of our lives...