Monday, November 05, 2007

monday bunday


man on the run.

The cages have moved to the sun porch... a little chilly, but both boys have thick coats, PLUS all the comforts of house rabbit living (read:: access to the rest of the house) I only hope they are getting enough rest... there seems to be a family of loud birds in the roof now too.... (in addition to the squirrels)

more than two weeks ago I called the land lord about the squirrels. I heard nothing from her after that... however... I heard lots from the squirrels. They eventually moved over to the other side of the roof. Friday night I'm headed out, and while standing beside my car I can hear them chewing the roof... I talking LOUDLY... like, as if I had a 2x4 of maple and was chewing it off hunk after hunk with metal teeth type loud.
I stand in the driveway looking up at the roof, just as the landlord drives in.
She asks me what I'm looking at, and I reply "I'm listening to the squirrels eat the roof."
to which she says plainly and coldly "there are no squirrels".

The chewing has stopped (as the van just drove in, and we've been talking) and I only reply "then what is that noise I'm hearing?"
She frowns at me and says.... "I've had a man up there twice, and he didn't see anything, and he's placed a live trap. PLUS (she says accusingly... like I put the squirrels up there?) you told me they were on the other side of the house!"
I don't bother to point out that was more than two weeks ago.

she continues.... "the man said that sometimes mice are loud chewers, we must have mice"
me:: "but... they must be very large mice then... because I can hear their nails as they run... I can hear their weight on the ceiling plaster... it's the same noise as when the rabbit runs down the hall"
her retort:: "perhaps your rabbit is in the ceiling."

I get in the car and drive away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"perhaps your rabbit is in the ceiling"?!?!?!

ROFLMAO!

DK & The Fluffies said...

Cute foofy tocks little man!