Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Nuit Blanche

Saturday night in the city... with a few thousand of my closest friends...

It really was a great night, and I'm still not totally sure what I liked the best there.... I'm super fond of the Arts Counsel stuff- all textiles, very interesting... the wall hanging that I thought was a mosaic to look like a pebbled stream... ended up being made of felted wools, the two sided wall hanging of a garden, the vase like felted creatures... I loved the giant aquarium, the tables floating behind the car-sized fish. The music and smells, the carpeted walkway, the photos, the paintings, the pom poms... the sculptures... the camp tent.
So much to take in, and we barely finished a third of the art out there...
While standing under the "lobotomy's $300" sign, I noticed a familiar face... but couldn't place it... I stared for a bit, then turned around and asked my friend, as I asked, I knew... and I hissed... "that's Andrew Younghusband!"
Sadly, I hissed too loudly, he looked up on hearing his name and melted into the night...
just as well, I would have missed a lot of the art following him around for the night.

No comments: