Saturday, October 20, 2007

night of deception returns (or) I should really learn how to READ that date book

Have you ever just.... "missed" an entire day?

I listened to the Nylons a lot growing up. I remember making mixed tapes of my favorites by them, leaning more towards the tight harmonies than lyrics... but one line's been in my mind since Friday.
Friday the 19th of October.

"time has a way, of going by, tomorrow becomes today... if the beat goes on when the song is done... Harmony finds her waaaa-aaaaay"

let's back it all up....
Thursday.. the network at work goes down. Not a problem really... just means I can't do any paperwork... and I did come in early to get my paper work done... but.. whatever.

Friday night... there's a concert I want to go to. I finally convince some people to go with me and we head out for a lovely evening of dinner at Hot Belly's then walk down to where the show is to take place.... Turns out, the show doesn't start till later than we thought, so we go for a little walking tour down town.... wandering.. then back to the coffee shop.
We sit, and wait.
and wait.
I'm looking around wondering why I don't know ANYONE there... that's strange. We wait awhile longer... now I'm confused. Not only is it nearly an hour and a half after the time slotted for the show... but I don't see either of the bands... and still no one else I know is there....
I check my phone to check the time... thinking maybe the clock in the shop is wrong....

"uh... guys.... is today really the 19th?"
sheepishly
"what was the.. um.. date on the poster?".... "cause I thought today was the 18th... "

I think I only made it worse by recounting what had happened to me earlier in the day.....

No comments: