Thursday, October 11, 2007

all that junk inside your trunk

when I was touring with Watoto, each night had us in a new home... you never really knew what it was going to be like until you arrived, BUT... generally you could get an idea by looking at their car. Not so much what type of car they were driving (well, no, that's not true, Canadians were well reflected by their choice of vehicle, Americans... not so much.... not at all) but more by what was in their car, or... what condition their car was in.
Tonight I was clearing some of the stuff from my car. And while I did, I wondered how people would classify me, or what impression they'd have of me by the contents of my little sunfire...

Tonight included, but wasn't limited to:: three pairs of high heels, one board game, eight pairs of socks (mostly pirate themed) a crock pot, a kitchen aid mixer, one (size small) goat skin East African drum, a winter coat, a lawn chair, festival blanket, library books, sleeping bag, rocking chair, cast iron pan, a pair of barn boots, swimming gear, gym bag, meeting minutes, and two empty coffee cups.

What's in your car?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's in my car......

Things that live in my car:
Box of tissues
notepad
pen
lipbalm
napkins
spare sunglasses
headband
nitrile gloves
hair elastics
straws
maps
bottled water
trash bin
cell phone charger
CD's
birth doula kit (two bags)
just-in-case overnight bag
rain coat (soon to be replaced by heavy winter coat for barn use)
umbrella
barn boots
running shoes
wood folding stool
(lawn chair was JUST removed, a shovel will replace it soon)
snow brush
blanket
towel x2
flashlight x2 (no batteries needed)
air compressor
car repair manual
gloves
ice scraper
emergency blanket
rain poncho
small first aid kit
emergency hammer
jumper cables

In my car temporarily:
cotton blanket for use in TT
EFT manual
EFT DVD's
part bag of Doritos
instant cold pack
travel mug
empty coffee cup
empty bag of Nibs red licorice

....I think that's everything.... and I'm not sure what category that puts me in, other than obsessive!

T said...

cds, change, maps and stuff that's supposed to be in your glove compartment...and my golf clubs. Although I've taken them out since I don't think I'll be going golfing again until the spring

Fallen said...

What does it say about me that I don't drive? Other then that you don't get any chance to get a sense of who I am by checking out my car first.