Tuesday, September 12, 2006

poor choice on my part.

So I realized yesterday that I've become my regular girly cry-face again. I held it together really well for awhile there (Thanks Dolly).
But I think I've got to be careful as to what I listen to as I drive. When I drive I love to listen to the radio (CBC more specifically) I love that I'm traveling in this little capsule, visual stimulation keeping me awake, and the radio feeding me information. I think that's my problem in a school setting, I don't retain anything much as I'm not stimulated enough... hey, isn't that the sign of genius?
Anyway.
The only problem is sometimes CBC turns me into cry fest.
Especially the documentaries. There was one on an elderly couple that received support in a housing complex... blah blah blah, long story short, they'd been forgotten, they were found, all was well... I cried at the end. Last week.. two weeks ago? there was on one interracial adoption... I was fine till the end (um.. fine for the most part) when she hugged the blood mom the day she received her baby, and the lapel mic she was wearing picked up a heart beat..... nearly had to pull over on that one...
but yesterday was harder. They did a special live program from a community near Gander Newfoundland remembering the 9/11 tragedy, they were sharing the stories of the lives touched when several flights were diverted to Newfoundland.. the stories of people who hosted passengers on those flights.... I blubbered all the way to Manda's house. Thankful I didn't know anyone personally involved that day, and sad for those who did.

Last night was a shower put on by Mandamanda's family's home church... that's it, if I ever get married, I'm making sure I'm part of a large church family... talk about great gifts! (kidding!)

No comments: