Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pack your bags

Ok. So. Last night.
I went to Karaoke, as I do every Wednesday night, except on the rare occasion when I don't go. I had let Sir Buns-o-lot (Norty Pee, little buddy, big man, fuzz butt, buddy-bunny, Norbert, Norton, lil'guy, clososaurus) out of his cage earlier in the evening as I was watching the news and putzing around on the computer. I decided that rather than waste time trying to find him to put him in his prison before I left, I'd let him free for the eve. Besides (thought I) he's been so good for weeks on end, and those handy garden trim things block him from spending all his time under my bed.... It'll be my treat. I even left him a real treat out in the hall on an old towel.
When I got home from K, I couldn't find him anywhere. No fear, I know he couldn't have gotten outside... He's somewhere in the apartment. No fear, I'm not going to bother looking for him, it's dark, he's probably chilling in the sunroom.
I sit down at my computer to check on the status of mah'bass (which by the way, has not been updated... Silly USPS, if you've got the tools... USE THEM) as I'm sitting I hear this faint gnawing noise.... Not unlike the noise Nort used to make when chewing on Mom and Dad's couch many years back... Not unlike the noise I sometimes hear when there's a big ol'carrot nearby... Not unlike the noise a bunny might make as it CHEWS THRU MY SUITCASE IN ORDER TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE HIDDEN WONDERLAND UNDER MY BED!!!!!
Yes. It's true.
I didn't put fencing the last foot of space under my bed because A) there was only one foot left, I didn't want to buy another four foot section and B) my giant suitcase that has taken me to Africa and back twice was blocking the path.
Does anyone know a REALLY great seamstress who might be able to patch the hole and put on a new zipper?

1 comment:

Susanna said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA *so* funny.

My apologies for laughing... I shouldn't because I own a bunny who would do the very same thing... and I get *very* pissed off at him for it. But it's kind of funny reading about it happening to other people... no offence...

Did you get it fixed?

And I think it's funny you call him buddy-bunny... My rabbit gets called bunny-buddy!