Sunday, July 23, 2006

Home again

I feel like I haven't been home in forever. I'm home at a fairly decent hour tonight... Not early enough to feel ok about thumping around in my room and waking up the whole house, but early enough to blab a bit.
First, I haven't been home... Therefore, I've been neglectful in my duties as a home dweller. I missed garbage day two weeks in a row... And there wasn't enough three weeks ago to warrant taking it out. The garbage was getting smelly. I double bagged it the other day when I begin to notice the ouder. It got worse this week. Last night I slept on the sun porch... With the door shut. Just so I wouldn't smell it. Then I forgot about it till this evening. D-Town was going to go use the computer, I was going to VanDan's for a movie.... I remembered as D was about to go... And told him to brace himself.
blah blah blah... shorten the story... D finished his work at the computer and headed home... THEN when he should have been sleeping (as he works at a ridiculous hour of the morning) he drove back to my house just to take my nasty garbage out to his dumpster before I got home.
He's fantastic.

segwaaaaaaaayyyyyy......
Went to Aunt Jean's 65th birthday party, Dalton came with, he met many cousins, and the general consensus was "he's REALLY nice/funny/great/sweet/charming" yeah yeah... I know...
Best part of the afternoon was when my cousin Sue's husband, Orhan, came up to meet Dalton.
Orhan's from Turkey, he's a great guy, I don't know him well, and this weekend I feel like I actually met him for the first time... He's very straight forward, kinda sarcastic... a dangerous mix for me, I'm pretty gullible. Orhan introduces himself to Dalton, then says "SO, how do you like Canada? Is it hot enough for you? You find it cold?" ALL eyes turn to Dalton to see how he's going to react... And Sue, with a look of near horror says "Orhan! Maybe's he's Canadian! Not everyone's a foreigner!" and Orhan simply replies "Are you?"
By the end of the afternoon, they were best buddies... It was beautiful.

It's getting late. I'm now going to sign off and purchase myself an acoustic bass guitar. No more procrastinating, hemming and hawing about it.
it's pretty, I'll show you a picture soon.

1 comment:

T said...

how can you accumulate garbage when you're not there? I haven't really been home for the last week...oh ya...I love the fact that I leave my hotel room and come back and its clean

suckuu