Saturday, July 15, 2006

Eavesdropping?

Side note:: where did the term eavesdropping come from? Did someone sit on the eves, and drop down?

So, I've probably seen a grand total of 16 episodes of "That 70's Show", and it's always made me laugh. Today, enjoying my afternoon off, I sat on the couch. The bunny ears on the TV failed me yet again, and my choices were 1) baseball 2) infomercials 3) French 4) 2 episodes of "That 70's Show" that I've already seen. I watched the 70's show....
But while I watched... I did my nails. Boring info I know... BUT during one of the episodes they were talking about a CB radio. I've always wanted a CB radio. I don't really know why... It's just always seemed like a fun idea. I'd never actually get one, but the idea's always been in my head.
During the episode a CB message came blaring thru the TV set.... WAY louder than the program... WAY louder. It wasn't the program.
Some how my bunny ears are picking up the signal from one of the Cobourg police cars! They were talking about "corner of claire and george" "big yellow brick house". I kept one eye out the window... that was sketchy-the-drug-dealer's place. Sure enough, a few moments later I saw an unmarked car turn the corner. They talked in code... I don't know what happened. And it doesn't matter... I've got a fake CB radio!!! Channel 78
:)

3 comments:

Crilly said...

As usual you pick out the important information from the story.

And Les, I'm convinced that Dan is now a jealous person.

L.Bo Marie said...

Gypsy, I'm glad you caught the point, boys miss the subtleties. It was just a trim and pamper, no colour... hmmm, perhaps I'll buy some nice paint today.

Anonymous said...

my wife is allergic to the smell of nail polish. it gives her headaches. good blog lesley. tell dalton to call me!
matty/gravenrecords.blogspot.com