Friday, June 30, 2006

down sizing



I think in the past I've referred to it as the bat cave... or as my secret hideout... some call it the front door. In the summer I like to spend alot of time out here.... (I know, this is a repeat picture... I'll get my own digital camera someday... get over it!)


Anyway, back to the day of hedge trimming::
I got to the house where we were to attack the brush.. and attack we did! Lam Chun Yee (aka T.Lam:: Bush man) and I tore the place apart. It was like we were born to do it. I'd have to say, I make a pretty excellent logger, and if I wasn't near morally opposed to the idea, I might take it up as a profession. I chopped down two trees. now, by "chopped" I really mean I used the hack saw, but that's as near to chopping a tree down as I've come... and the one was 15-20 feet tall, so I got to yell "timber"... but I don't think I can quite cross off "chop down a tree" from my life list just yet... somebody hand me an axe.

Now, there really is a connection between the bat cave and the logging. hang in there.

the other night I came home and looked at my house. I like looking at it, it's beautiful. I noticed something was amiss... but couldn't figure it out. The sun was shining on my bike on the porch and I was briefly distracted by it gleaming off the streamers. I went indoors. The next morning, greeted by sunlight yet again, it's warm rays woke me as I stumbled to the bike to ride to work. "Strange", thought I, "it's so sunny here". It wasn't until I returned home and I sat on my bike staring at the house that it hit me. I was sitting looking at the porch wondering why I'd never noticed the fact that we had our street number written in TWO places, in plain view. "Plain View?!? Plain View?!? Why can I see the front of my house?!? someone cut down the trees!"

No comments: