Wednesday, May 17, 2006

meat pies

I may be found carefully reading the ingredients in my meat pies... yes, even my Jamaican patties.
Why this sudden interest in the contents of these lovely packages of handheld meaty goodness? I saw a play the other night that has slightly shaken me.
Monday night some of us headed over to Belleville to watch a friend in a play that she's a part of. "Sweeny Todd" was the play....She warned us (some months ago) that it was a dark comedy.. I guess I should have listened to her better! And apparently it's based on a true story? yikes... I imagine the real events didn't happen musical style though.... If not for the fact that I had to file it in my mind with the likes of "little shop of horrors" I might not have been able to enjoy it. There was a lot of death. BUT when viewed as a comedy, with that grain of salt... It was good.. Actually, funny. Actually..,. I really really enjoyed it, because it was different (However, the unintentional things were funnier than the funny things- the guy laughing in the row in front of us... And the look on character "Andrew's" face when "Joanna" sat up from a kiss).
My favorite part of the play was when Stacey saw her cheering section seated out in the audience... Completely jumped out of character and smiled! YEAH!!!! I was so glad to see her!

2 comments:

LStew said...

do you really think you should be writing about your jamaican patties on the internet?

L.Bo Marie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
laura you freak!