Tuesday, March 28, 2006

where you least expect it...

So today, the lovely day that it was... I rode my bike.. it's been in need of in some serious repair.. or maybe even a little fine tuning.
my beauty has sat on the front porch all winter (next year I'll cover it with a BBQ cover) and it's acquired a fine covering of rust. YUCK.

there's also that little run in we had back last spring... (after searching my blog it appears I forgot to write about the incident) I'd just gotten my bike, and was meeting some friends for the haunted ghost walk... while peddling around the parking lot, I moved to side saddle (just because it makes me feel elegant) and ... promptly fell over backwards, bending my fender. The fender has slowly been migrating since that time, and has just recently moved into the bike's chain's territory... Noisy grinding noises have been the result.

I decided that I'd stop at an establishment downtown to see what they charge in the way of bike tune ups, when I spotted an avid biker I'd met thru SVFF. "AH HA" thought I, "there's someone who'd know where to get a tune up". So I called out to Lawrence for his advice....

in minutes, Lawrence had found a screwdriver and popped the fender back to it's place, and started in on the "lonely brake pad" (that's the brake pad that thinks it should always have contact with my back wheel) Next thing I knew, Peter from Canyon Mountain had been summoned and my beauty was receiving full attention from the two of them.... needless to say, I've TWO heros of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peter is the fellow I bought my bike from , Lawrence did as well. He used to (or still does) operatea cycle touring business of some sort. word. ND